Thursday, February 11, 2010

Singing in the Rain


So we got tons of rain one night. Enough to flood our bridges and keep me in Santa Teresa for a weekend, unable to get to town. Santa Teresa wasn't hit near as bad as other places, just imagine some of the fields that were ruined, but this is a picture of Hillaria crossing the bridge. It was so crazy. Usually the creek comes up a little past my knees, but after all the rain there were places I couldn't touch. We took advantage of this and went swimming.
On another rainy day I was doing a mini-lesson on the K-W-L chart for my Standard 2 and 3 teacher. I wanted to to a little icebreaker and decided "Singing in the Rain" would be quite appropriate. The kids laughed and laughed while trying to sing with their tongues sticking out, but I almost want to say Mr. Pop liked the song even more than they did. He is such a performer. And so yeah, all the rain made me used to a little cooler weather, but now it has gone away and it is super hot again, only to get hotter or so I hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment