Sunday, February 7, 2010

I almost had a puppy

While waiting for the rest of our party to get to the Purple Space Monkey in Placencia, we saw a little puppy with her head stuck between two bars. Cali and Christine went to the rescue and freed her. She was the cutest little puppy and was still hanging around the restaurant. A man went to pet her and was saying how it was a shame she had no home. I asked if it was a girl, wanting a little girl puppy, especially since Alena, the puppy Edwardo had brought home from his internship that adopted me died while I was at HIV/AIDS training in Belmopan last month and the Mas's mommy dog was believed to be eaten by the jaguar lingering around Santa Teresa. The man was happy to find me a box so I could carry her on the bus to Belmopan where she would hang out at Heather's house with her puppy after a bath of course. I even had plans of getting help from the Peace Corps staff while in Belmopan, taking her to the vet and such. She was named right away, CC, after her two rescuers. We took her back to our guest house and I tied her to a little pole. Later in the night Sam told me she was crying so we went to check on her and she was gone. Sad day! We thought maybe we could find her again before leaving and Sam was determined to, promising me he would find my dog, which he did later in the night! Bless his heart! I found this out early the next morning while getting ready to take the water taxi back, but when we went downstairs to pick her up she was gone again. This time it looked as though someone had cut the rope and maybe took her for himself. I'm not sure, but I keep telling myself she has found a good home and that there is another puppy needing one, but she was so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment