Thursday, November 26, 2009

Christmas Already



I have to say, it seems so strange to see Christmas trees for sale in the front of most of the shops and then decorations inside. It makes me laugh as I walk by in my skirt and polo. There are already lights on the palm trees in town and Christmas music blaring from the radios. All these reminders of the holiday to come and I wasn't sure how I would take having Christmas without snow, but one night while walking to church I realized I may have a comparable substitute. The field was absolutely full of lightning bugs!! I have never seen so many. Miss Louisa noticed me admiring the beauty and commented with, "You see all the Christmas lights?" I smiled and said, "There are so many!" She responded, "It's because it's almost Christmas, Miss Amy, that's why." So this year I may not wake up to glistening snow, but if I wait until dark I will see a glittering field.
I've also received my first Christmas package. Emily you are really on top of things. And don't worry, I'll keep the wrapped gifts for the 25th.

1 comment:

  1. hehe. Girl it was more out of knowing I would NOT be on top of things to send another package by Christmas. ha! We love Amy!!

    ReplyDelete