Sunday, January 10, 2010

Making Fun


"The only day that has been wasted is one in which you have not laughed."
This is my host father, Mr. Camilio Mas. When I first met him I was surprised that some Maya men like to keep their hair long, something about the longer their hair the more prosperous they will be..... I'm totally kidding. This wig was a gift from some tourists and we've had a lot of fun with it, but I wouldn't let Alejandro leave it in my house because I knew seeing it in the middle of the dark night would scare me. I love how we make our own fun. A >plate can be a frisbee, a clothes line a volleyball net, a board and a block a see-saw , and blow up a balloon and you can play for hours until it pops. I've always been easily entertained and that's a good quality to have while living in a rural village. Another thing I love is that laughter breaks all language barriers. I haven't wasted a day here yet. Loves and hugs!

1 comment:

  1. Keep these updates coming! I love reading your stories. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete