Wednesday, January 6, 2010

First things first

I have a slue of updates to post, but first thought I would share with you my latest idea. I think the Caribbean sun has sparked my imagination and love how ideas are formed. Mine usually come as answers to the question, "Why not?" Like why not take individual pictures of every student at the school. Instead of being discouraged by my lack of resources to make this happen, I asked myself why not get some help, inviting others to be part of the story. Then I though why not find a photographer that would be willing to come here, take the pictures, and send back some prints. I mean, I know photographers go to developing countries taking pictures, we've all seen them, usually stirring up some feelings inside. Just think though how a child would feel to have that picture for his own. I then thought I should be the one traveling the world taking school portraits. Now wouldn't that be the life! I can see it happening sometime somehow, but back to Santa Teresa RC School. The kids here just want me to take their picture and of course see it in my camera, "Take my picture, Miss," but really isn't the point of taking pictures to have the print? I think we take advantage of this memory making luxurary. I guess what I'm asking for is help in this little endeavor. I like thinking of ideas but seem to have trouble deciding the best way to make them happen. Maybe you know a photographer looking for charity work, maybe you know a photo processing center willing to make a deal, maybe you'll keep this idea in your prayers and together we'll see where God takes it. Yeah, it's simple and definitely a little thing, I mean nobody's life depends on whether or not they get a picture of themselves, but it just might lift a heart, and to me it's those things that make the difference and give life meaning. Loves and Hugs!

1 comment: