Sunday, October 4, 2009

"You are a good Ke'kchi."

This was inside a card given to me by little Jose'. He also wanted to make cards for Grace, Greg, and Kevina telling each of them, "You are my best friend," and drawing the best pictures. I also got a nice note from my cousin, which I thought was worth sharing, so I'm glad I got the chance this morning before heading down to PG. Here it is, word for word.
"Hi AMY
I hope u enjoy being here in Maya Mopan and in our family.
I never new that if a person can appear in our family for five weeks like you. You were a great person, hard working and was very intrested to no our culture and language. I was so glad that u were here so we can have some fun together and u even teach us things. It was a great pleasure for u to be with us as part of our family. I hope u enjoy being with us and that u will always remember us, wish good luck for us and also pray for us as just how we are going to do.
I wish u the best where ever u go and that the good Lord be with u always.
So thank u once more for being a nice person, and I am proud of u that u are learning some k'echi words and I expect more at 2 years time or maybe even the best. I'll miss you a lot!
From Supper Mario"

1 comment:

  1. Super Mario sounds cool! Tell him great job on the letter, from your friend in the U.S.! Maybe I will get to meet him someday!

    ReplyDelete