Saturday, October 17, 2009

The 12 reasons my placement is the best for me*

*to the tune of the 12 days of Christmas

The first reason my placement is the best for me
Santa Teresa is a great place to be.

The second reason my placement is the best for me
Ma sa aachol
Santa Teresa is a great place to be.

The third reason my placement is the best for me
Miss Liz paved the way
Ma sa aachol
Santa Teresa is a great place to be.

4. Working with TFABB
5. PIGS ON THE LOOSE
6. Safe roads to run on
7. Library in progress
8. Living with the chairman
9. Welcoming churches
10. School staff is willing
11. Health center's open
12. Bathing in the river

Now some descriptions
1. In general, just being in Santa Teresa makes me happy.
2. It's a Ke'kchi community, so my chances of continued learning are high.
3. The volunteer before me was well respected.
4. Teachers For A Better Belize is a start up program with the goal of helping schools in the Toledo district. This is the first year, so Santa Teresa will be a model program. I'm excited to work with TFABB.
5. There are pigs everywhere! And you all know how much I like pigs.
6. I have motivation to wake up and put on my running shoes. Not only are the roads free of vehicles, I love seeing the sun rise through the palm trees.
7. The library is full of books already. Now we're working on a check-out system. Some of the students made the pocket cards and I started gluing them in the books and recording the books in a registery. During break, all my volleyball girls came looking for me and I gave them glue sticks to help- 15 minutes of "Can I have a book please, Miss?"
8. The Mas family is a very wonderful. I will soon dedicate a whole post to them with pictures!
9. I've been to the Baptist church twice and the pastor gives quite a good message in K'ekchi then translates in English.
10. The staff at the school actually likes when I visit their classes and have given me some ideas of where to start.
11. There's a new clinic staffed by a doctor from Cuba every Monday through Friday.
12. No explanation needed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment