Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cornflakes

Some like them hot.

The other morning I was greeted by my host brother with a question of whether or not I liked cornflakes. Yes, indeed! Not much beats a bowl of cereal and milk especially when you haven't had it for a month. I was pretty excited when I walked into the kitchen and saw the box sitting on the table. My host mom got the biggest bowl out of the cupboard of course and opened the box --side note-- the bag had a huge slit in the side even though it was new, I'm wondering how common that is. Anyways, back to my breakfast. I didn't see any milk around except the can of evaporated milk which scared me a little, not only because I was curious as to how cornflakes would taste with evaporated milk, but she was opening the can with a knife the size of her forearm. The can was safely opened and yes, she did pour the syrup like substance over my cereal. But before I could decide exactly how I would choke it down she blew my mind again, pouring boiling water from the stove in the bowl as well. Ha ha! I guess there's a first for everything. And so you know, I had hot cornflakes again today, and I think I like it.

6 comments:

  1. Haha that is so awesome. I am loving reading your adventures already. Keep bloging. I am glad that you are having a good time thus far! Know that I am thinking of you often.
    Michelle Chesnut

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like HUGE pieces of oatmeal. Maybe? haha
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone has a cereal story! Ours was strawberry evaporated milk with fruit loops. Ask Nicole about her training cereal story! Hilarious! You are a good sport!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear about your new life!! Hope you get a bike soon as well! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They say a hot breakfast is good for you :) Judy Hamer

    ReplyDelete
  6. never would of thought that would be good..
    Love you Amy
    JaNette

    ReplyDelete