Friday, October 1, 2010

LIBRARY!!!

That was quick! After the consolidation I was excited to get back and ask Mr. Chub if he heard from the Library Service. Better than that - they came to Santa Teresa for a meeting and luckily the community members were already assembled by the Alcalde. Everyone is on board and they have high hopes of a large library and someday computer lab that would even serve surrounding communities as Santa Teresa is a very central location. I couldn't keep from smiling while Mr. Chub was telling me this, with chills up and down my spine and goosebumps covering my arms and legs. I was just SO happy! Woot woot! All of these are future plans, of course, but the steps to be taken now are underway. A few men from the village were interested in being librarians and after looking at qualifications and stability one was chosen. Mr. Teul was a teacher in Jordan but is no longer. The Library Service liked how he had the educational experience and is established in the community. He's already taking part in librarian training in Belize City. Wow! Wow! Wow! Next, we will box up our books and send them to be labeled and cataloged. Mr. Chub has asked me if I could be in charge of email connections with the Library Service and a group who is wanting to build a library. I guess they had told him before but at the time he had his focus elsewhere. I'll find this group from Tennessee, if not, look for another interested party. Yay! I think the best part of all this was that I had a very small role. 1) Believing it would happen,, 2) Connecting people, and now 3) Encouraging the follow through. Three Things I LOVE to do! And again, here I am, things falling in my lap, leaving me to just celebrate all the good that's happening in Santa Teresa. Loves and Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment