Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Quick Shout Out to Larka and Mikah!

Two close friends from college came to visit me for a week. My first visitors from Nebraska! I had such a great time seeing faces from home, and everyone was excited to meet my friends. Yes, they are still asking about them. I absolutely love that we were able to stay in my village most of the visit and that the girls were able to get a taste of my everyday life. We made tortillas, washed in the creek, spent some time with the kids at school (it was so great, Thursday morning the students had all prepared skits for education week and since there was no school on Friday, we did an art lesson with them), and rested much in the hammocks. Of course we ended with a trip to the beach, and even saw Nim Li Punit on the way. What a wonderful, wonderful week. And instead of me telling about it, I would love to hear how Larka and Mikah would explain the visit, so I'm hoping they'll both find time to comment on this post with a few words (or more) describing their experience, especially since I know they've already written about it in their journals. Loves and Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment