Monday, April 27, 2009

I couldn't have planned it better!

"You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you." ~Frederick Buechner

Here's the beginnings of the amazing adventure about to take place. I've been invited to serve in Belize as an elementary teacher trainer beginning August 19, 2009! Everything I've learned about the country this past month has increased my excitement level. For awhile I tried telling myself not to get my hopes up too high in case for some reason they crash before my staging date, but I decided these next few months will be a time of trust. Plus, I realized truth in the excitement and lies in the doubt. I've been trying to soak up all the information I can find about this place-reading my Lonely Planet travel guide, talking with my new friend who grew up in Belize, looking for books written by Belizean authors, seeking out other PCV blogs, and so on. I even Google searched "Beautiful Belize" for fun to find a magazine with that title. I'm in love with a country I've never been to and people I've never met.

No comments:

Post a Comment